Saturday, December 25, 2010

Holiday Greetings

There is always a lot of stress at the holidays. The cooking, the baking, the decorating, not me, just watching other people. As for me, I am just grateful to be alive and on my way to a healthy new year, but I had my own stress. How can you buy gifts for everyone that expresses gratitude for support above and beyond, all on a shoestring budget? I had one day to shop and this is what I discovered, you can't. So I got what I could and just left it at that.

The support I have gotten this year has been unbelievable. There are those who express little faith in the goodness of mankind, but I have found otherwise. More people than not have offered or given me kindness, assistance, friendship, and more. I thought I was a fairly good person, but these people have shown me what goodness really is. Just reading this blog gives me a boost.

So as the next year approaches I offer to you all my love, my gratitude and my hope for your happiness. And to all, great eyebrows.

2 comments:

  1. I've been reading your blog for a while now but didn't comment here before, though I often shared my thoughts about it with your sister.
    I find that most people are good in reality though it is hard to remember that when it's mostly the bad ones that make the headlines, start a war or something and you make the news, do some act of kindness and very few will know about it. There is something very wrong with our value system I think.

    My best wishes to you for a healthy and happy 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paul. I noted a few years ago when two young boys shot up a school in Columbine, there were all sorts of stories about the two boys. Buried deep within one news magazine was a brief story about the heroic acts of some of the high schoolers. I also thought that if these were the stories that made the headlines there might be more of those kinds of actions than the others.

    Hope you have an excellent new year!

    ReplyDelete