Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year

Today officially starts a new year. Last year at this time I had a man in my life and had just earned my PhD. I had assumed that my life would change, and it did, only not in the ways I had imagined. I am still trying to process what has happened and figure out where my life is going.

In fact, I don't want to just hop back on the same merry-go-round and get back to life as usual. I am forever changed, and I see things through different eyes. Eight months ago I just wanted to know whether I would survive and whether my eyebrows would fall out. Now, I want to seek out new experiences that will help me to continue to grow as a person; I want to help people in the ways I was helped; and I want to find value in what I do for a living. It's not much.

Yesterday, I picked up my mail and found a letter from a Ford dealership. I haven't owned a Ford in six years but inside was a check for $185, the result of a class action suit, the details which escape me. I took it as a sign and deposited it immediately before anyone realized they'd made a mistake. This year would be off to a good start. It's almost time to get my eyebrows waxed and now I've got the cash to do it. Happy New Year to us all!


2 comments:

  1. I know a good place to get your eyebrows waxed that costs a bit less than $185.00 :) Looking forward to the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah me too! I want to thank you for all your comments. I look forward to seeing them.

    ReplyDelete