Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Going it alone

Last Saturday my sister went home. She has a job, a home, family, guess I had to let her go, but it wasn't easy. For the last month she has been my companion, my helper and my co-conspirator. But even more importantly, the two of us got to watch Top Chef and Project Runway together.

We planned our evenings around those events. Tonight I have to go it alone. I can do it. We will call and text and email and go over the fine points, but it won't be the same. So this post is not about me, it is about this wonderful woman who I used to torture as a child because she had the bad luck to be my little sister. So thanks kid for not holding it over my head that I could beat you up or banished you to the living room when I had friends.

I miss her more than I can say. But I especially miss her tonight when I will sit alone with a scoop of ice cream (I'm not going to suffer entirely) and watch Top Chef. I hope that she is happy and content and maybe, just a little, misses me too.

1 comment:

  1. Of course I do...it just wasn't the same without you. Now you've made me cry...

    Kid

    ReplyDelete