Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Coping

I have coped well. My healthcare providers have encouraged me to take antidepressants and I have asked what for? This last week though tried me almost to the point of tearing the hair out of my wig. All the little annoyances that they said would happen seemed to all hit this week.

On top of that my dad finally made the trek to Gainesville and had the much ballyhooed surgery on his spinal column. Tonight we are all spent from an overload of emotions.

Tomorrow is chemo number 4 and the last one of this cycle. I am telling everyone that the next cycle of 4 will be a piece of cake. (Chocolate I hope, in fact Texas sheet cake at Jimmy Z's Barbecue Bistro to be specific.) But as I was told this week, I am overly optimistic, so I don't really know what will happen. All I know is this, I have beaten the odds, my eyebrows are still intact.

1 comment: