Friday, November 26, 2010

Treatment: The Final Phase

This week I started radiation. After completing chemo and surgery, radiation is the last phase in my treatment plan. I go daily (excluding weekends) until January 5th. I was a little depressed when I found that the treatments go beyond the end of the year. I had fantasized that by 12/31/10 I would be through and ready to start rebuilding my life. Fortunately, my sister reminded me that we're Episcopalians and as such celebrate Epiphany, which is January 6th, so my new life will begin with Epiphany.

I don't know yet what to expect from radiation. There are side effects but some people never experience them. The way my life has gone it is likely that I will invent some new side effects never before seen on another human being. Hey, when your mother AND your oncologist tells you that you're weird, you got to expect the unexpected.

1 comment: