Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Get Smart

I used to love that show. When Maxwell Smart wanted to say something private, he would demand that they lower the cone of silence. Each speaker would then be encapsulated in plexiglass rendering communication between the individuals impossible.

Today I had an MRI and my "cone of silence" involved a set of headphones that didn't quite fit and did little to prevent the pounding and other noises than rang in my head as the machine took thousands of photographs of my breasts that dangled in little baskets, while I faced a mirror that was supposed to show the wall and give me a sense of comfort.

Maybe it's just me. I don't like loud noises unless there is a tune associated and I can sing along. And instead of mirrors showing blank walls, how about photographs. Pictures of Sean Connery come to mind, but then they often do.

1 comment:

  1. CJ has to be sedated to get through an MRI. He's claustrophobic. For some reason, it doesn't bother me at all - I'm good with cocoons. You should send a letter to the MRI association - those are some great ideas! :) I sure do miss watching Get Smart. Those were the days.

    ReplyDelete