Thursday, October 21, 2010

Post Surgery

I made it. I made it with flying colors. It was just how I wanted it to be. I went to sleep and woke wide awake in recovery. Pain has been minimal. No nausea. No extended stay in the hospital. Everything went well.

My sister was with me the whole time. She even spent the night with me in the hospital on a roll-away bed stuffed up in a corner of my room. Tomorrow she goes back to Tennessee and turns over my care to our mother. It has been nice having a personal nurse and companion, but she has a job, children, home in Chattanooga so I have to let her go. Unfortunately, I can't afford to pay her a salary and it's against the law to chain her in the basement. I am left with a caring mother and loads of friends who support me through every step. Not too bad.

3 comments:

  1. WaHOO! This is an important milestone to get past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise,
    When are you going to write that book? I love the way you write. Could be the next Steig Larsson, but only if you think that's a complement. d

    ReplyDelete