Thursday, October 28, 2010

Recovering or Just Wasting Time

I talked to my boss the other day asking if there was something I should be doing while I'm at home. "Uh, recovering from surgery and chemo," she responded. I suppose that's an option. But somehow reading crime novels, sleeping, and watching mostly sitcoms on TV seems like a waste of my time. I should be working, or writing journal articles, or at least writing my own great American novel, but truth be told, I haven't felt like it.

And that bothers me.

It seems like I have been given this "gift" of all the free time I want, and all I want to do is rest and make my hair grow back by continuously rubbing my fingers through my head in search of new signs of fuzz. After her comment, however, it dawned on me that when you have chunks of your body removed maybe you need to recuperate. So I am trying to embrace the concept of recovery and convince myself that it is a legitimate pasttime in itself. I would write more, but it's time for repeats of "Everybody Loves Raymond." Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. It seems with life, embracing the positive, or turning something negative into something positive, is the secret to at least peace, if not happiness. At this point, you deserve to rest; you may feel restless and bored with the resting, but you deserve this time. Embrace it! :) xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxxoxo

    ReplyDelete