Thursday, September 23, 2010

Chemo Brain

Today I finished part I of my cancer treatment. The chemo part. I am convinced it is the worst part. After this surgery and radiation will be a piece of cake. That is what I'm telling myself, and I'm sticking to it.

Of all the side effects, I think ultimately the most frustrating one is chemo brain. Not thinking straight, not being able to remember conversations, instructions, warnings, puts you in an awkward situation. Doing my job is way more of a challenge than it should be. I prepared for nausea, pain, etc., but chemo brain wasn't really in the guide books, or if it was I forgot.

So hopefully, once I recover from this last bout of chemo I will remember what you say to me. I will do my job with a new intellectual vigor. I will read James Joyce. OK, I'm not doing that last one, but I will quote the Jabberwocky to anyone who wants to listen.

1 comment:

  1. YEAH!! I don't know if I would recognize the Jabberwocky quotes but would be very impressed for sure....

    ReplyDelete