Monday, May 3, 2010

I am a professional do not try this at home

I picked up my MRI results today including a CD with the actual film and a written report. I can only figure out a few descriptions here and there but that did not stop me from interpreting what I read. I shared it with friends and family though I have no idea if what I was relating was the least bit accurate. There were a few words that made sense. For example, my actual breasts appear to be cancer free. There is a proven malignancy that needs to be surgically removed. There is also a mass in the sternum area that looks different than the nodes in my left axillary, or as I like to say, the armpit.

So in truth, I don't know a whole lot more today than I did yesterday. But at this point, any information that doesn't say, "Sorry miss, you have 2 weeks to live," seems like a good thing.

2 comments:

  1. Your writing continues to be so good. I hope you get to write about something less painful, soon. I am so "not a professional" I can't really figure out if what you found by looking at your MRI results is good news or bad news. I hope it was good. Okay, I read it again and I think I understand. There is a malignancy, but it isn't in your breasts. And besides that, there is something that doesn't look right in your armpit. It isn't the news I hoped it was. Helene

    ReplyDelete
  2. axillary = armpit. Good to know.
    Do you have the results in electronic format? I love you xoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete