Friday, May 14, 2010

I was wrong ... I can't do it all

I assured my supervisor from the beginning, that though I may be sick and out a few days here and there, I would still keep going. Wrong! This week I had a port placed in my chest and discovered that there are things that can keep me from my appointed rounds. I told her this today, and she commented that she wondered when I would come to that realization. I think everyone knew this but me.

I thought I would be different. I thought I would push through all this nonsense with hardly a break in my stride. That has always been how I operate. But something happened, and I was not able to get up and go to work. I was barely able to cancel the appointments I had.

So I must face the fact that I can't do it all. That there will be times when I am unable to answer the 5 million emails I receive on an average day. There are even times when I am not able to update this blog (in case you haven't noticed).

I will do the best I can to try and keep up to speed, but I think, OK I KNOW, there will be times when I have to stop and rest. Even before I finished my Ph.D., I began looking for my new project. I guess I found it.

1 comment:

  1. quite a project...couldn't you have just kept knitting the purple cloth?

    ReplyDelete