Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I'm tired

Today I admitted defeat in the battle to keep my sanity. In the words of one of my all time favorite film characters, Lili Von Shtupp, "I tired."

I'm tired of the waiting and not knowing and wondering. I'm tired of facing each day and not having all the answers. I'm tired of keeping up my spirit so others won't think that I'm weak. In order words, I'm tired. And all this emotional roller-coasting has made me, exhausted.

Lili found the answer to her woes in the arms of Sheriff Bart, but my situation is more complex, I need two men, Ben and Jerry. God bless them both.




3 comments:

  1. Hey, that's my line! The Ben and Jerry one, not the 'I tired' one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog might be the most refreshing and hilarious account of cancer fear I have ever read. Take it seriously, and when all this is over, publish it baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ben and Jerry WILL get you through! It's all natural too! ;-)

    Get your rest and take care of you first and foremost. And it's okay to admit defeat because it's not really defeat at all. It's called being human.

    xoxoxooxoxo Love you soooooo much

    ReplyDelete