Monday, June 28, 2010

Family Time

Today was not a good day. Not for me, but for my father. My sister and mother drove him to Gainesville where a surgeon gave his opinion and while it wasn't hopeless there are trade-offs that make it seem like Sophie's choice. We were all sad and we all cried. After work, I went to be with them. We talked about the choices and then my mother and sister shaved off the rest of my hair. They actually fought over who was going to get to do it and finally took turns. Then they threatened to take my eyebrows as well, but I do have my limits as to what I will do to make my family happy.

The evening ended like so many of our family evenings. Eating ice cream and making fun of the situation. Soon we were all laughing over the things earlier that seemed so horrible. We may not laugh later, but eventually we will again, because thats what we do.

1 comment: