Sunday, June 6, 2010

It's a long long road

Since being released from my unfortunate incarceration (hospital) I have celebrated by going to the movies twice and seeing Sex and The City 2, both times. It's not about the plot, it's the clothes, the shoes, and frankly, the men. But it was a little more too. It was about women and friendship. It was about women all over the world facing the same challenges and standing together.

I don't think I knew how true that was until this experience. Between my mother, sister, niece, my girlfriends and, actually, even a couple of male friends too, I am in awe of the support I have received. People I barely knew before have stepped forward to lend an ear, tips, a phone number all sorts of things.

One of my colleagues at work said to me that it is tragic that it takes something like this for us to tell one another of our love and respect and I have to say that is true.

I have a long, long road to get through this, and beyond getting well, I hope that I learn from the experience. I hope I learn to put my job second (sorry boss) and people first and stop sweating the small stuff. I hope I let my loved ones know that they are truly loved and supported by me. And I hope that one day I can ride a camel across the desert with my girlfriends wearing really great clothes. I don't even care if there is no Mr. Big waiting at the end with jewelry, but if there is, I won't complain.

1 comment:

  1. Well, maybe instead of a camel it can be a train ride through Italy?

    ReplyDelete