Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

The Good - Thursday was chemo number 2 and my little sister was going with me. But first I had a doctor's appointment and since my family and many of my friends don't trust me to ask all the questions they have, she accompanied me to this as well. Which was good because I got confused and the kid did straighten it out later for me. The good news was this, my lymph nodes are reduced in size after one chemo. Additionally, my PET scan showed no other "hot spots" in my body. Just the armpit.


The Bad - The bad news was that my white blood cell count was down and the chemo had to be postponed. I wanted to check it off. Get it over with. I had plans. Places to go, people to see, etc. We will try again next Tuesday.


The Ugly - My hair and I finally parted company. On Friday morning it started falling out and by the end of the day my clothes were covered in hair. So that night my mother and sister trimmed it close to my head. It is still falling out but the chunks aren't quite as large. However, like the little troopers that they are, my eyebrows are still hanging in there. I've always been proud of those fella's.

No comments:

Post a Comment