Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Feeling almost normal

When you feel sick, sometimes you think you will never feel normal again. I started chemo last Thursday and it all went well, and all weekend I felt not too bad. I was fully prepared to start the week with a bang. But then Monday morning came and I was sick. Of course I wasn't going to let that stop me.

So I got up at 7 and roamed around. Of course I called mom so she would know and be able to worry about me. My sister sent me a text so I got her in on it. Then I called my friend Pat, who has gone through this before and usually has some advice.

I washed my hair. About 30 minutes later I dried it. An hour or so later I styled it. I decided that I didn't need makeup. My mom dropped in to check and promised to return. At 11 a.m. I finally figured out I probably wasn't going to make it to work. By 1 p.m. I was sure.

On Tuesday, I got up again and, fortunately, had something I could do from home. Finally, I made it in at noon. No makeup, but I did fix my hair, while I can. I am low on shampoo, but it seems like a waste to buy any now, but I suppose it would keep.

Today, I went in for a full 7 hours and somewhere in the morning, I noted that I felt fairly normal. This evening, I actually felt like sitting at my computer and posting on this blog and Facebook so maybe I have returned to normal. For 7 days and then it's back to the hospital to start all over again. But I can enjoy those days that I have.

I knew things were better today when I got on the elevator and saw a man that I would have to say was "hot". If I can notice things like that, then I know I have to be better.

1 comment:

  1. There was a hot guy in our elevator??????
    LOL! Glad you feel better :)

    ReplyDelete