Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My new hair

On Monday I modeled my new hair. Tuesday I did a scarf. The scarf was slightly more comfy but the hair wasn't as bad as I thought. I had wanted to get either an Afro or something red, but I settled for something that looked kind of like my real hair.

Yesterday was chemo treatment number 2. Six more to go. My sister was with me and then last night we had pizza and watched a movie. Uh, we had a four course high-fiber, lowfat dinner, yes that's it. I felt guilty for the time she spent with me waiting, but in fact, it was a treat to have her. Everything went well this time.

One of the technicians promised me some new scarves, but when she couldn't find them she brought me a gift. It was a beautiful hand knitted lap blanket. She asked to read the accompanying prayer card out loud. It was a modification to the serenity prayer, and my sister and I were both teary eyed when she finished. The blanket was a gift from a local church. I didn't really need another blanket but it was a wonderful experience, and it is soft and I clung to it last night sitting in my chair feeling surrounded by love, good wishes, and pizza.

1 comment:

  1. How come these stories bring tears to my eyes! People donate blankets so that others feel better? Amazing

    ReplyDelete