Thursday, June 10, 2010

One down

Today I had my first chemo treatment. I woke up fearful. What could go wrong now? And then there are the rules that you need to follow. Important things like taking medications, taking care of your mouth, flushing the toilet correctly. It was scary, and after the incident with the chest port, I am not in a trusting kind of mood.

My mom went with me and though I hated for her to take all that time, frankly, like many self-sufficient, independent adults, "I wanted my mommy." But here's the thing, everything went smooth. The port cooperated, my hemoglobin cooperated, and only 30 minutes behind schedule, I was in the chair having chemicals pushed and dripped into my body. And best of all, so far, I'm not throwing up.

So thanks to everyone who helped me get this far and those who will help me go the next steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment